POSITIVE TRANSFORMATION

 POSITIVE TRANSFORMATION



As a coach, therapist, mentor or manager, it seems that whenever we have a developmental conversation with someone seeking our guidance we often focus on what is holding them back. Indeed the overwhelming majority of psychology research papers focusses on what differences drive the less desirable aspects of human behaviour rather than those related to flourishing and wellbeing.
It’s therefore a breath of fresh air that my interest in focussing on the more positive aspects of the human experience led me to finding out more about the field of Positive Psychology and ultimately to becoming a Certified Practitioner of Positive Psychology thanks to The School of Positive Transformation .   https://bit.ly/3foiV68


What attracted me most to the course was the ability to learn directly from the leading lights in the field and the unique way in which 12 of these PP “Rock Stars” have combined together in one seamless journey through the main topics of Positive Psychology. These 12 modules are each released one per week and all follow the same format. There are 3 prerecorded video lessons from the module leader each supported by scientific research papers and general material on the web. Each lesson also comes with a selection of Positive Psychology Interventions, or PPIs as we call them. These are the tasks and activities that really bring the lesson to life as we begin to explore the power of sharing PP with others.



The PPIs for each lesson are split in to 3 levels of experience and in each level there is a core PPI and an optional one for further exploration. This makes 6 per lesson, 18 per module and 216 in the course overall. One of the key requirements of the course is to reflect on the PPIs that you do which is at least one for your own growth and one to work with a client per lesson.These reflections are shared with school but also build in to a great Training Journal that documents your journey through the modules and PPI. Some modules I only did the minimum of 3 personal and 3 client PPIs but for those that really sparked a much deeper passion in me I tried them all and this was a great learning experience. My clients for these PPIs was a real mix of people I know from all walks of life, friends and family, co-workers and others that I already have a previous coaching relationship with. In the Facebook group that I joined for course students I even saw some teachers giving some of the PPIs to classroom students so the net to finding people to work with can be cast far and wide. It’s great that the course also suggests books that correspond to the module content and, whilst these aren’t mandatory, those I did buy and read also helped me to deepen my understanding of the lesson content. This really allowed me to offer the PPIs with a new found strength of confidence. The final piece of the puzzle to help cement the learning was a series of multiple choice questions, 4 per video. For some I remembered the answer straight away and there were a few that I had to go back to the video to check. Even though I got a couple incorrect I was able to redo them as many times as I needed so this avoided any anxiety relating to taking tests. The answers are all in the videos so this was also a welcome opportunity to revise some of the key concepts and content.


All too quickly I was in to the final module and the course was drawing to a conclusion with the 12 weeks passing in a flash. As I completed the course and received my certificate it was great that I was able to download and keep all the video transcripts, PPIs and reading lists plus some extra items contained in some of the modules like audio meditations. This really did build up a large toolbox of tools that I can draw upon as my practice grows and expands and I am really looking forward to helping people become the best version of themselves that they can. If you too would like to make that kind of difference click here to find out more details of the course. https://bit.ly/3foiV68



For any questions feel free to add them in the comment section.

Please subscribe to my articles and daily reviews through your emails.

Comments

Popular Posts